Therefore, I would recommend purchasing the iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c from one of the following countries:
United Kingdom, France and Germany.
My second choice will be to buy it from one of the following countries:
Australia, Hong Kong, Korea, New Zealand and Singapore
The models recommended are therefore:
iPhone 5s: Model A1457
iPhone 5c: Model A1507
iPhone 5s: Model A1530
iPhone 5c: Model A1529
I would strongly advise against buying from the USA because of the following Apple statement: "LTE band support is based on the iPhone 5 model number and configuration for EITHER CDMA OR GSM networks. Listed LTE band support does not guarantee LTE support by all carriers running on the same bands. LTE wireless service availability may be limited even where bands are supported."
I did some research on Apple's website and found that the best place to buy an iPhone 5 for UAE and take advantage of LTE (4G) speed will be the UK. This is because the UK uses iPhone 5 (GSM Model A1429) as shown in the picture below:
1. Open iTunes on your computer and select the iTunes store (country) in which you’d like to have an account. You can use the store selector towards the bottom of the iTunes store homepage.
2. When the front page loads up for your desired country – go and click on the top app from the “Top Free App” section.
3. When the app page loads, hit the ‘Get App’ button.
4. The login prompt will appear – click on ‘Create New Account’
5. Click Continue, then tick the “I Accept” box, and click Continue again
6. Fill out your details on the next page (you’ll need a real, valid email address), and click continue
7. And now, here is where it gets interesting. If you have followed each of the previous steps, you should now have a ‘None’ option as a payment method. Select that :)
8. After that, fill out your details. If you don’t live in the country you’re creating the account in, make up an address. (Like say, for example, one of Apple’s Retail Store locations if they have some in that country. – http://apple.com/retail ), then click Continue
9. You will now see a message telling you to click on the confirmation link sent to the email you supplied earlier.
Then check your email inbox (or spam folder), open the email and click the confirmation link
10. iTunes will pop up, and here you’ll enter your brand new iTunes account data
11. If all goes to plan, you will be greeted with a congratulations page.
12. You’re done! You can now download free music (namely the ‘Free Single Of The Week’), as well as some free TV shows in some stores, and all the free apps that are available to you in the App Store
Now, I have iTunes accounts for Australia, the United Kingdom, the USA, and now Canada!
Wait… why couldn’t I just create an account without going to the app store first?
If you try and create an account straight from the log on box/when you purchase some music, you will be missing the ‘None’ option from Step 7.
Can I fill out my credit card details for another country’s store?
Not unless it was issued in the country that you’re trying to add it to – iTunes will verify the location of where the card was issued. So, for example, you couldn’t use an Australian Visa card in the United States store.
Hey, I have a question that isn’t answered here….
Just leave a comment below, and I’ll try and help where I can.
This was yet again a reader request :) Thank you again :)